Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

You can't beat a simple chocolate cupcake!


Using the same recipe as yesterday, I made a delicious chocolate cupcake.  I changed a little bit of the recipe;

  • 1 cup of thickened cream
  • 1/2 cup of caster sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar (you can use 1 cup of brown sugar instead if you prefer)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 and 1/4 cups of self rising flour and 1/4 cup of coca powder
As simple as that..!

I cooked it on 180' for 15 minutes.

While the cupcakes were cooking, I melted dark chocolate in a glass bowl over hot water for the chocolate glaze.

  • Dark chocolate around 170g into broken pieces
  • 60g butter
Melt these together and take off the heat once all has melted.  The butter helps to give the chocolate a shiny glaze.


Yummy aren't they?

In case you're wondering about the cocoa powder.  I use Nestle Baking Cocoa and you can buy them from Coles or Woolworths.  They are normally in the baking section.  My mother always used cocoa powder (we called it cocoa powder) in her baking to make chocolate cakes, you can reduce a few grams of flour and replace it with cocoa powder.

How do you make your chocolate cupcakes?


No comments:

Post a Comment